Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Three Kings

  1. #11
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    That has to be one of the most stupid questions Ive ever seen on this forum.
    Probably because its a crap film, and you wasted 90 minutes of your life watching it.

  2. #12
    Eliud25
    Guest Eliud25's Avatar

    Post

    Soldiers are supposed to be honorable. Soldiers are supposed to save the world. They are fearless,self-sacrificing,and good.Soldiers are supposed to be soldiers. Well I think I know what the problem is.In these movies they are protraid wrong. They are basically thiefs, or they need to be saved,or they are not self-sacrificing. So there you have it. I think that is why Three Kings and movies like Kelly's Heros,(and mabe even Saving Private Ryan)and a bunch of other movies didn't stick in our minds.Because they were completley or partially wrong society's interpretation of what soldiers should be.
    But then again I've haven't yet seen Three Kings.But I've seen Platoon.So what do you think?


    [This message has been edited by Eliud25 (edited June 07, 2000).]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How, exactly, is Three Kings a "crap" film? It is one of the best movies to come out in a long while, in my point of view. It has action, true, but at also has something to say, and it says it well. Not many action movies can say that, and yet not many action movies can match the intensity of Three Kings. Three Kings had action, dark humor, drama, and social commentary...as well as good acting and camera work. Perhaps the psuedo intellectual bull shit of The Matrix is more your style, or the shitty action crapfest that is Mission Impossible 2, but for me, Three Kings is a great unconventional Hollywood movie. (well look at it this way, not many war movies make you sympathize with the said "enemies" as this one did)

  4. #14
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Cant resist replying to that.
    Its crap because he/she didnt like it, or at least he/she has nothing to say about it or think about it, no lasting value (to him/her).
    This is not a complicated issue and is a waste of this forum.
    So you like it. So to you its not a crap film.
    Subjectivity.
    Now can people redirect their enthusiasm toward what this forum is for, rather than as an excuse for having no friends to talk film with???
    Perhaps Im in the wrong place. I can go away if you like wink

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sirchimpalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Matrix - psuedo intellectual?

    Intellectual????

    Ha ha ha ha!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member WUXflooble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2000
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    "Un-conventional Holywood movie"
    thats a bloody new one!

    Indeed, I once had the pleasure of
    viewing an un-conventional crock of
    shite. Ya can't have ya Holywood cake
    and eat it too.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member tashunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2000
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wuxflooble.......i would have to agree with what you said about "delicatessen". It's an excellent film.
    It's all about subjectivity. Films are art therefore there is no good, bad, right, wrong.....it's all a matter of opinion.
    Personally I agree that most "hollywood" films are crap. Mostly because they are made for money and not love of the art, following formulas for "success".

    ta ta for now.
    tash.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member director666's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey, there are quite afew films that are shallow and down right shite, BUT doesn't that mean that we all have a chance at making movies that are actually good???? if there are shit movies out there then we know we all have a chance at making in the industry .....
    But there are exceptions.... Fight Club is THE best film ever made because it has so many angles and point of views, it makes you think, and it's not the happy-ending-pro-we-love-america bullshit, it's a dark film with self-destruction as the main film! and then we have sixth sense, american history x etc etc

    but it all means we can do it, make things different, dont give a fuck if you dont conform to someone else's standards ... do what YOU wanna do .....

    cheers!

    Gav

    ------------------
    " what did i tell you, what did I say to you?
    I said buy the roadmap and leave...."

  9. #19
    Inactive Member FlashingHobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    George Clooney even hates it!

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Rabid_Communist's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know everyone has there opinions and such, but fuck... I've never seen a film get

    [OPINION]
    undeserved attention as Fight Club. Have people been brainwashed into loving this? Granted, it's interesting to look at, but it's such a waste of potential! I've never seen a movie take so many great elements at the start and then totally ruin them!
    [/OPINION]

    But that's just my way of seeing it (I can't help myself when I see someone praising Fight Club... awsome dvd though)

    And Three Kings? I'd hardly call it a Hollywood film, although it was made within the system. I found it to be head over heels better then the drivel that was Fight Club...

    [edit] Thought I'd ask why such an old and pointless thread was bumped...[/edit]

    [This message has been edited by Rabid_Communist (edited September 04, 2000).]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •